Who else is missing their weekend jaunts to the best bars in town for a cocktail or two? 🙋♀️
So. Are. We.
But do not fret! Whilst we're all locked in, it's a great opportunity to brush up on your cocktail skills. So if you can find 5 minutes in your jam packed schedule of naps and exercise videos, use our new series of cocktail 101's to become the new hero of your house. 'Hey, wait a second' you say, 'I don't have any of the fancy tools they have at my local bar!'. Don't you worry, we've created these recipes with home bartenders in mind, so no fancy tools or jargon here, just damn tasty cocktails.
Give our cocktails a try and let us know how it goes. Tag your successes on Instagram, @silkroaddistillers, and we'll make sure we share them.
So first up, it's the all time classic.... The Mojito.
Time: 2 minutes
Best for: Sipping on a warm evening.
50 ml - Silk Road White Spiced Rum (2 shots or roughly 4 tablespoons)
8 to 10 - Mint Leaves (plus a couple to garnish)
1/2 - Lime (cut into wedges)
1.5 Teaspoons - Sugar (We prefer Demerara)
Dash of Soda
1. Squeeze the lime wedges into your glass, dropping each wedge in once you've got all of the juice out.
2. Add your sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved in the lime juice.
3. Take your mint and clap it between your hands, enjoy the amazing aromas and place the mint in the glass. (yes this sounds crazy but it's totally worth it, the oils in the mint will be released without making the mint taste bitter)
4. Add the ice and the rum, giving the drink a good stir to mix all the ingredients, you'll notice some of the ice melting, this is good as it will help the drink chill quickly.
5. Add a little dash of soda water and take a sip. You've just nailed a great Mojito, enjoy!
Buy a bottle today: